How many words are there on an ideal Web page? It is better to be formal or casual? Should I use traditional grammar and style? How do I add keywords for search engines (SEO)? Writing for the Web is different than anything else, and many business writers haven’t learned how to make the most of the medium.
As a specialist in communications and public relations, I spent years working in all facets of traditional media — print, publishing, speechwriting, media relations, digital design. I learned how to produce highly-focused text in a variety of styles.
Since then, I’ve focused on Web writing and editing business text for the Web.
Site Proofing & Editing
Got drafts? Need a sharp editor’s eye to catch everything from typos and runons to grammar and style? I’ve worked with writers to focus their copy, and I can hone your site’s words into lean, effective prose.
Find out what you’re missing.
Training & Presentations
A former high school English teacher, volleyball coach and PR Specialist, Brian Wold has created and delivered training programs for individuals or small groups on topics such as Dreamweaver, Contribute, and graphic design.
On-Site Custom Training
- HTML and CSS
- Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Contribute, FrontPage
- CMS and content publishing strategies
Available to present or create presentations such as Internet Strategy, State of the Web Site, Change Management, Writing for the Web, or Managing Site Growth. Experienced at creating and delivering quality PowerPoint presentations.
- Experienced speaker before large or small audiences
- Comfortable, energetic, engaging
All presentations are copyrighted and may not be used without express written permission.
- Presentation, Educause Regional Conference: “Iceberg, Right Ahead”
- Presentation, CALI 2003: “Redesigns & the Devil’s Work” (or, Involving Users in the Process)
- Strategic Report, Loyola Law School: State of the Web Sites
- Usability Report, City of Minneapolis: Job Application Usability Report
- Presentation, City of Minneapolis: Improving Citizen Access to Government Services